The days are blurring together again. I blinked and it’s already February…
Things around our house have been a good sort of busy, mixed in with a touch of crazy and the occasional mad-dash-chaos.
Here are some of the things I’ve been loving during the month of January, in complete random order….hope you enjoy them too! (plus a fun announcement via link at the bottom!)
1. First off, this interesting article that isn’t for the boys…Why You Should Stop Doing Kegels
2. I love The Provision Rooms’ 72-Hour Kit Challenge – take a look and see if you can put one together for your family! It’s such a good idea to have the necessities on hand, and these girls will help you through preparing!
4. Monsanto seems to be encroaching on everyone’s turf, but here’s The four steps required to keep Monsanto OUT of your garden!
5. And while we’re on the topic of gardening, check out this idea of Straw Bale Raised Beds. I love this idea and it seems so simple, but would also require a lot of supplemental food for your growing plants. A good trade off? Has anyone tried this?
6. We were searching for something to pep up our science lessons and we love Wildcraft! We’re going to spend the next several months in our homeschool science curriculum learning to identify and use herbs and this is the perfect compliment!
7. Lately, I’ve found myself using the crockpot, washing it, and leaving it right on the counter for the next day’s meal prep. I’m loving this list of slow cooker recipes from Hodgepodge!
8. This has been happening at our house a lot lately…(usually once the kids are in bed!)
10. Right now, I’m juggling a million and a half projects that I am keeping track of by scribbling my notes on tiny slips of paper, random envelopes, napkins and the ever-popular write-it-on-your-palm method. That needs to change. I’m migrating all of my craziness to a day planner (and I’m loving this one!) but I also love Jamie’s idea of putting together a Family Notebook. I’ve looked at this option several times, but I really love the links that she recommends for free printables.
13. If you’ve been reading our blog for awhile, you know that I (Kelsi) also own a Photography Studio. I shared this article on my facebook page, but EVERY MOTHER needs to read this. Memories are more important that our double chins, ladies. Go out and take pictures with your kids!
14. I want to make this happen in my front entryway.
15. I’m loving our new homeshooling Q&A series! If you have ever considered homeschooling but had questions that you’ve never been able to ask, now’s the time! Join us for our “I want to homeschool, but…” series where we cover some of the most common questions and misconceptions about homeschooling.
16. And finally, I’m loving our new personal (family) blog which y’all are welcome to pop over and read…(plus a huge announcement that we just shared with family and friends…!)
Hope your January was fantastic!