We are revving up for vacation around here (granted, we still have quite awhile to plan and pack, but I like to tell myself that it’s almost here…) and I’ve already started planning some meals and snacks for our summer hiatus. As I started composing a blog post, listing all of our favorite meals and ideas, I decided to start linking up to some of my favorite bloggers with great recipes that are easily adaptable for travel or for cooking while you’re on vacation.
So, in lieu of a
long, wordy informative post on my recipe selections, here they are, in random order! This is the recipe list that I will be working from while we start preparing for our vacation! enjoy! (and when you pop over, tell them you said hi and that we sent you – share the link-love!)
- Indonesian Rice - very yummy, easy to double or triple and freeze and although it’s a hot dish, it can also be served cold. Bonus!
- Fresh Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Homemade Refried Beans – perfect hot or cold, as a light main dish or side, and easy to transport
- Cold Coffee Brewing – perfection.
- Sweet Souffleed Omelets – a very frugal and healthy treat and great for a warm summer morning breakfast
- Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce – bringing several frozen bags of this for dipping, pizza, pastas, etc.
- Sloppy Joes In a Bowl
- Quinoa Burgers – these are so flavorful and they can be made ahead and frozen! yum!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins
- Grain Free Pecan Cookies (for the drive there, our vacation, and the drive home…if they last that long.)(doubtful…)
- Homemade Beef Jerky With Ground Beef – great for travelling, day trips and filling snacks or light lunches
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – for dips, salads and marinades
- Cilantro Lime Chick Pea Salad – great for a light lunch, or as a side with some grilled meat for dinner
- No Bake Energy Bites – These are great for…well. anytime.
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing The Traditional Foods Way – I’ll be bringing a bottle of this for grilling, salads, to pour over veggies and to drink. kidding. not really.
- Lentil Quinoa Salad
- Baked Quinoa Breakfast Squares
Wait – hold on! Do YOU have a vacation/travel-tested recipe that you’d like to share? post it on here in the comment section, or shoot over to share it on our facebook page! If you have a blog, link directly to your post in our comment section. If not, either type it out in the comment box or send it to me at kelsi at cheekybumsmarket dot com! I’ll be updating this post, so if I see something I like, you can be featured on here! No processed foods and only recipes that can be easily transported or made quickly. Ready, set, go!
Like what you’ve been reading? Support us by checking out our Market at www.cheekybumsmarket.com for vintage-style, simple children’s clothing, toys and diapering needs!
This post was linked to Traditional Tuesdays at Cooking TF, Titus 2 Tuesdays at Cornerstone Confessions, Fat Tuesdays at Real Food Forager WLWW at Women Living Well, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways at Frugally Sustainable, Whole Foods Wednesday at Whole Lifestyle Nutrition, Real Food Wednesday at Kelly The Kitchen Kop, Simple Lives Thursday at Gnowfglins, Your Green Resource at Live Renewed, Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Fresh Bites Friday at Real Food Whole Health, Seasonal Celebrations at The Natural Mother’s Network, Welcome Home Link Up at Raising Arrows, Better Mom Mondays Link Up at The Better Mom, Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist